Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy May!

Are you old enough to remember the all day celebrations we had for May Day?  Oh my goodness - we celebrated, what fun we had! 



My siblings and I attended Draper Elementary School and May Day was a big deal! There was an all day carnival, 5 cent hot dogs, which included chips and a soda, booths for carnival fun games, if you won you got a prize!  We got to wear our pedal pushers, keds and just let fun be the top order of the day!

It was a real treat if you were chosen to do the May Pole Dance!  I was one of those dancers one year and I will always remember how important I felt.  I even remember that the color of my streamer was lavender!  I wish the kids now days celebrated May Day like we did.  Regardless, enjoy this beautiful day and the beginning of the Merry Month of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment