Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Merry Month of December

I know, I know - December has come and gone but I really needed to report on my month of December.  It was busy!  Dad and Mom always start their decorating the day after Thanksgiving and that was a bit of shock for me because typically I don't start until the 10th of December or after, but I rolled up my sleeves and got into the spirit.  We had a great time trying real hard to do as good as Dad always did.  I know he was watching over us - especially while I was trying to take care of the outside lights along the banister and railing.

Mom and I were invited to so many holiday activities!  We went to dinner and then The Forgotten Carols with family and friends.  It was really nice!  We went to the Christmas Concert at Temple Square.  We went to Candlelight Christmas as This is the Place State Park.  Our calendar was full!

KasiJo came over and tied a couple quilts with her sweet Grandma.  They had such a fun time together.  This picture is a few years old and taken in the summer time - but it is one of my favorite so I decided to use it here.

 Mom had cataract surgery.  Her right eye was done in November and then she had her left eye done in December.  Great Success!  She is so pleased with the results!  What a trooper!  She was the model patient and everyone wanted to take her home with them because she is so dang sweet - but I fought for her and I got to bring her home with me!

On Christmas Eve my siblings who live close met at Larkin to visit Dad and wish him Merry Christmas.  Scott is taking the picture, but those in the photo are Paul, Terry, myself, Mom and Val.  Just a few days later Dad's headstone was placed.  It looks very nice!  We love you Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere...you've had such a busy month. Think of you often and hope all is well. Give my love to your mother.

    ReplyDelete