Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Busy Bee

My Mom is always busy!  I nickname her the worker bee because she is so industrious and busy doing something!  She has this sweet little sewing business for a few friends and neighbors.  They bring her Levi's that need mending, shirts, skirts, and the other day I saw a sleeping bag she mended for one of her clients!

Mom has been sewing on her Pfaff sewing machine for at least 54 years.  My Dad gave her the machine as an anniversary gift on their 8th wedding anniversary.  Before this time Mom did all her sewing on a $79.00 portable machine.  Dad took that as a trade in and the rest is history!  She has sewn up a storm all these years and the machine purrs!

Mom has created full wedding lines - Bride dresses and brides maids, my sisters and I had the most elaborate Barbie clothes!  All our friends wanted to play Barbie at our house because we had prom dresses, winter attire, swim suits, nurse uniforms, the works! And Dad made our Barbie families bunk beds!  Easter was a treat at our home because Mom made every one of us a new Easter outfit - even the boys! 

Need I say more?  My mom is a true artist when it comes to sitting down to her sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing machine. They certainly don't make them like they used to! What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete