Friday, February 5, 2010

She is a Survivor . . .She is my Hero!

My sister Nancy is an incredible woman! I was so excited as a very young girl when Dad and Mom brought my new little sister home from the hospital. I was a big sister 2 times! Oh the excitement! Oh the adventures and fun we would have! I always admired my younger sister because she laughed easily, had no fear and had this mischievous twinkle in her eyes that made me wonder what was going on in her head - the mischievous side of her continues today.

Ruth, Janet, Nancy and Bonnie

Nancy brought her three sisters into a discovery of sisterhood in 2005, and every 2 years we gather as four sisters for a week of love, adventure and discovery. My younger sister, a woman with integrity and a zest for life introduced the importance of this retreat to her three sisters, Bonnie, Janet and Ruth's lives that will be cherished forever. And as we continue to meet as a sisterhood the love for one another strengthens.

In 2009 Nancy was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Her life journey took a different path - a path with new words like chemotherapy and radiation thrown in the mix, a path she walked with dignity, a little fear, some major bumps and valleys, but she came through at the end of the pathway a survivor! My sister Nancy is a cancer survivor!

Nancy - Sedona Arizona
Cancer does not define who my sister is because she is so much more than that. She is a mother, she is a wife, she is a woman successful and respected in her career, she is a daughter, she is a sister, she loves nature, she loves her dogs, she loves to laugh, she is passionate about her environment and she is passionate about her country and political views. She is my sister Nancy. She is my Hero.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy looks so gorgeous! The twinkle in her eyes sparkles right through my screen. What a lovely tribute to your beautiful sister. It is such good news to hear that she has beaten that horrible C.

    ReplyDelete