Friday, July 16, 2010

My son Andrew D Petersen is having a birthday on July 17th!  My goodness, can he really be 31 years old?  Andy is such a laid back individual!  He loves nature, he is calm, has a huge heart and cares about others.  He had thick curly hair that grew fast!  His Dad finally got fed up with people calling him a girl so I cut his curly hair short. 

When Andy was about 1 1/2 he was standing on our back porch with a stick in his hand and he had the end of the stick in his mouth.  He fell off the porch and the stick went in his tongue.  Oh my goodness!  I was frantic, Amanda was worried and his Dad called "Ask a Nurse" to see if we needed to take him to emergency.  The answer was no - nothing they could do we just had to keep it clean.  So what does Andy want to eat?  Potato chips!  Little did we know that he knew better than all of us because the salt in the chips helped heal the cut much faster.  Such a tough little man!

Andy always loved to go to his Uncle Joe and Aunt Bonnie's dairy in Idaho.  The cows intrigued him! He would spend hours outside with the cows and following Uncle Joe around.  As he got older he would go to the dairy and help his cousin Matt do his chores.  I think Andy learned how to drive a motorcycle on the dairy.

Andy has an older sister.  Amanda Marie Petersen.  They were like 2 peas in a pod!  They cared about each other, played together and got into mischief together.  Both had wild imaginations and could pretend to be and go anywhere!  One day they were playing like they are on a train to Switzerland (picture above) and the next they were slaying dragons and saving the Queen - that would be me.

Andy married his sweetheart Jennifer this year - in April.  I get to be Grandma Janet to 3 wonderful kids, Samantha, Tabitha and Damon.  What fun we have had over the years!  They have been a family for about 5 years and I was thrilled when they decided to be married.  I am so proud of my son Andy for stepping in to be "Dad" to these kids.  Jennifer always tells me that Andy is the best thing that ever came into their lives because he has taught them kindness, rules, manners and that daddy's are good and kind.

I will be calling Andy tomorrow morning at 9:26 am to tell him how happy I am that he is my son and to sing Happy Birthday to him.  I have done this since the day he came into my life.  Every year for my kids - on their birthday I call at the time they are born and sing to them.  I make sure they know how important they are to me and what a joy it is to be their mother.  So, Happy Birthday son!

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable little baby and a handsome young man...hope to meet him some day.

    ReplyDelete