Thursday, July 15, 2010

What would you do for . . .

Every once in a while I get a craving for "something".  One time it was my sister Ruth's Navajo Taco's. They are soooo yummy.  One time it was for a spinach feta wrap from Starbucks Coffee.  Anyway, you get the idea.  Well . . . today it has been a Klondike Bar!

My daughter Amanda and I used to do silly things like go to our local grocery store, buy a box of Klondike Bars and then drive like mad women through the neighborhood ( we didn't want our precious purchase to melt!) to find unsuspecting neighbors working in their yards, then stop and say to them "What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar"?  then regardless of what the answer was - we would give them one.  The total look of  "ohh yummy" on the recipients face was priceless!  It was so darn much fun!

Today as I am sitting at my desk, I keep singing the phrase from the Klondike commercial in my head , so I emailed Amanda and all I wrote was - What would you do-oo-ooo for a Klondike Bar?  She thought that was cute!  So . . . . On my way home tonight, I am going to stop and pick one up!  I'm sure that the package holds more than just one, so if you would like one come on over!

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to come over to eat a Klondike with you! I wish there weren't those nasty 800 plus miles between us!

    I think I will pick up a box on my way home from work...see what you've started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet. you make me smile and make my heart happy. what a great story:)

    ReplyDelete