Monday, October 11, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

I'm a little sad today.  My Marlboro Man is going away.


Some time ago (see post dated January 27, 2010) a gorgeous man drove into my life.  I have a window at my desk at work and I watched this beautiful man drive in on his motorcycle, leather jacket and all and casually but ruggedly step off his bike and walk into the office across the parking lot.  He wasn't in there very long, but of course I watched as he left.  It wasn't long before I noticed that day after day he kept coming back.  I nicknamed him Marlboro Man - not because he smoked cigarettes but because he is smokin' hot!  I got up the nerve to talk with him and I told him how we all enjoyed watching him each morning.  He said he liked that and that he would make a point to wave hello.  He kept his word.

Friday he told me he is no longer cleaning the building across the parking lot.  My "start off the morning" guilty pleasure has driven into the sunset one last time - leather jacket and all.  But before he left, he asked me to come outside so he could say his proper good bye.  He told me how he would miss the waves, our smiles and he gave me a hug!  Oh yummy!  It was nice. Good bye my Marlboro Man - I'll see you in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment