Thursday, November 18, 2010

Going to the Library!

Are you old enough to remember during those hot summer days when you were out of school and the Bookmobile would come on a specific day so you could check out books to read until the next week when you anticipated the arrival once again?  I remember those days fondly!  Oh how I would love to run my fingers against the spine of the books stacked neatly on the shelves until I came to the one I wanted to choose for the week.  Oh how I loved the smell of those books as I stepped into the bookmobile.  This was a magical escape for me.  I loved the treasures I could choose from the shelves.

Bookmobile - The one that came to our house in Draper
was NOT this fancy but it was M.A.G.I.C.A.L.!

 I haven't spent much time at the library in my adult years.  But I still love to read.  I have a dear friend Chris who also loves to read and we trade each other books.  I knew I had a lot of books but didn't really realize that all they really did was take up space on my book shelves so I re-read a whole bunch of them and then took them to my local library and donated them.  It was on one of my "donation" trips that I realized how much I missed the feel, the smell and the excitement of pulling a book off the shelf.  And I realized that I missed all of it! 

My new shiny Library Card!

Well . . . the other day I decided to change that!  I have obtained a new Library Card!  I am so excited!  I can either go to the library or I can go online and reserve a desired book or I can just go sit in the comfortable chairs and read magazine's or the newspaper.  My adventures are just beginning!

1 comment:

  1. We had a bookmobile too! It would park at the end of our court. I always looked forward to it...just like I looked forward to the ice cream truck, the milk man, and the donut truck. I can still smell those books....keep up the reading. I need to do more of it.

    ReplyDelete