Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

Today is a very special day!
It is a day when we can reflect upon our lives, the lives of those who have gone on before us and the sacrifice so many have made.  Our Veterans!  My Dad is a Veteran.  He served in the Navy.  My Dad loves this country with all his heart.  As a young girl I recall the day my Dad put a flag pole in our front yard and every single morning (except of course those days when the weather did not permit) he put our flag up that pole and every night he took it back down.  And my Dad has done this every day since.  You always see the American Flag waving in the breeze at my Dad and Mom's home.  It is beautiful and it is an honor my Dad respects!

My daughter Amanda loves both her Grandpa's who served in wars.  She has such respect for the sacrifice they both made in serving their fellowmen and their country.  Ever Veteran's Day Amanda honors her grandfathers with some kind of gift, a remembrance, a token of her love of them, of freedom and this land of America for which they fought.

Thank you to those who have gone on before, those who are still here and those who are now serving the United States of America!  May you always be blessed and honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment