Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I have to re-think how I feel about Valentine's Day.  After being married for 23 years and in the "Love Connection" with my main squeeze - I found myself single.  Divorce forces you to re-think a lot of things and yes I went through the 'anger' stages of being and living single. 

 BUT! 
Time and distance and the recovery of
ones self esteem and self worth
does repair and life does go on. 
I AM WOMAN - HEAR ME ROAR! 
I am me and I am OK!


This morning I found myself drawing a heart in the water beads on the shower door and reflected upon the example of my parents.  They lived their lives in true harmony and in perfect love.  And as I thought of that in those few moments in the shower this morning I felt happy!  I smiled and decided to embrace the day!

I thought of my sweet children and the fun memories of Valentine Day's gone by - what fun we had!  And now I have 3 incredible grand children!  I'm going to leave their valentines the old fashioned way - drop them at the door, ring the doorbell and dash!  I'm not sure kids now days do it that way, but I'm going to give it a try.  This should be fun!  And I sure had a blast surprising my Mom with her Valentine - totally unexpected.  She was smiling when I left for work!  She received a sweet treat from her niece in California, some sugar cookies from her dear friend and a joint effort gift from her nephew who also lives in California and myself.  We both received Valentines from Oregon, and there was a Marshmallow Heart treat hanging from the mailbox this morning.  The day is full of L.O.V.E.!

So I wish all who tune in here to see what
my musings for the day might be
A Happy Valentine's Day . 
I Love You!

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile..oh so lovely. Sending my love your way from out here in California...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comment above. It made me smile and I love your outlook of life!:)

    ReplyDelete