Monday, April 9, 2012

Oh My!

I have had a wild and crazy week at work.  My supervisor has been on vacation so I have been here trying to keep "the home fires burning", the stress level low and keep everything in it's place.

I was doing pretty good.  In my line of work (Escrow) we use a lot of paper and I make several copies during the day.  This is all good because I am very organized and my focus is determined.

Everyone knows that I DO NOT like spiders AT ALL.  I don't care if they are tiny or huge - a spider is a spider!  Well - I took a stack of papers to the copy machine to do my copying, I open the lid to start my copies and right in the middle of the glass is one of those fuzzy black jumping spiders.  Yup!  I let out a screech, dropped the lid and stepped away from the machine - trembling.  I figured the drop of the lid would smash the monster - but NOOOooooo!  I open the lid and he scurries to the back of the machine.  Stress level has gone from 0 to a 3.

I wait a few minutes - take a few deep breaths and open the lid again - no spider in site so I hurry and make my copies needed and dash away from the danger zone! Stress level is now a 5!

I have NOT forgotten that the monster is still SOMEWHERE!  And every time I walk out to the copy room I look on the floor, on the stamps, on the pens, on the handle to the copy machine before I lift the lid and then after I make the copies I timidly look in the tray to grab my papers before the fuzzy thing crawls out to scare the bajeebies out of me - AGAIN.  And it did!  Stress level is now at 9 1/2.  But this time I had the can of canned air in my hand ready to defend myself!  I filled that fuzzy monster with cold canned air - no where to be seen again.  So I went from having an A-OK day, just minding my own business, getting my work done to a crazed maniac carrying canned air around to fight off the monsters!

And this is what I looked like by the end of the day!

Fast forward to the next morning - mind you I am still alone, new day, no memory of the day before fighting off yucky crawly scary things - and there it is - sitting on top of the fax machine - my weapon of choice NOT within grabbing range - so I take a file folder - make sure it is big enough that I do not have to accidentally touch this black, fuzzy scary monster with any part of my hand and I start beating the fax machine.  When I stop, the monster is dead, the file folder is obliterated, my heart is beating ferociously but I am triumphant!  I am the conqueror!

No comments:

Post a Comment