Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Mom

My Mother is an angel!  As a young girl I always thought she was superwoman (and I still do!).  My mom could do anything and at times she juggled phone calls, kids, baking bread and laundry all at the same time!  There are 9 children who call her Mother, but we share our mom with many others.  Growing up we all had friends who called our mom for advice, the need one of her famous hugs, help with a project or just to hang out in our kitchen to be close to mom and "feel" of her love and comfort.  Our home was the meeting place for everything and everyone.  I'm sure everyone wanted to be in our home because of the feeling of love and harmony.

My beautiful Mother - Marcine C. Price


Mom making the Wedding dress for
her Granddaughter Ashely Price

My mother is beautiful, creative, a mother hen, industrious, a fabulous cook and a sought after seamstress!  Her sewing skills are impeccable!  She has hemmed pants for golf pros to creating a wedding dress and brides maid dresses for the full wedding party.  Mom made the song leader dresses for Jordan High School one year.  Mom gives the best gifts because they have been "homemade by Marcine"!  They are treasures!  I feel that mom is very happy when she is creating for her grandchildren and great grandchildren.  She has a twinkle in her beautiful brown eyes as they open their gifts with wonder.

Dad and Mom- walking home from church services-
always hand in hand

My mom has a jest for life!  She loves her husband, her children, grand children and great grandchildren.  She has friends far and near.  She has a heart of gold and a peaceful nature.  My Dad always says he fell in love with her beautiful deep brown eyes and they are the windows to her soul.  My mom's eyes twinkle when she laughs and smiles.  Mom loves the Lord and is happiest when she is in the service of her Father in Heaven.  She loves life and lives the life she loves.

Dad and Mom - Eternal Sweethearts

My mom is queen, sweetheart, partner, lover and best friend to my Dad.  They love each other today as much as they did when they met.  They will celebrate their love affair of 60 years in October 2010.  They are the perfect example of true love!

I love my mom with all my heart.  She is my best friend, my example, my confidant, my rock.  She continues to lead, guide and direct me so I can become the woman she knows I can become.  She is patient and kind.  I love being in her presence.  I know and feel of the love she has for me.  Happy Birthday Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Marcine is one true angel on earth. Oh the wonderful handmade gifts she created! I have a vivid memory the little clown with embroidered face that I put my pjs inside and placed him on top of my bed and those wonderful crocheted hot pads are the best. She taught me how to make strawberry jam in your kitchen in Draper. I can just hear your Mother's laugh...it makes me smile as I sit here. Amen to the love your parents share...Happy Birthday Aunt Marcine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All which has been written about Marcine is true! She is a delightful Aunt and creator of many wonderful items over the years. I still have my pajama holder she created back in 1952! I just received a scrubber for the kitchen which was hand crocheted. I think about my Aunt M. at least once a day and you have her as a MOM.....lucky Janet.

    ReplyDelete