Thursday, January 7, 2010

As I drive to work . . .

As I am driving to work this morning I wonder to myself, where are all these cars going? Some speed past with determination, delivery trucks find their way to the store so I can buy my next package of bagels and schmear for a quickie breakfast, little sports cars with a driver who is singing along to the music on their IPod or MP3 player (something I don't own but think about all the time), and a family van stuffed full of kids pulling up to school and doors on all sides open as everyone spills out ready for a day of education and homework.

I noticed the clear blue sky and wound my window down just a smidge to take in the fresh air of this early morning drive. Thanks to the small storm yesterday and the scouring of the air, it felt thinner and cleaner as I drew it into my lungs. I am grateful for my early morning drive, I can clear my head, my lungs and ready myself for the coming challenges of the day. I find something good in every new day, and the morning drive gives me time for little musings, as simple as "where are all these cars going?".

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder the same thing--especially when I am on the road late at night and there are still LOTS of cars on the road. Where are they going? Each car really does have a story.

    Since my "commute" is 4 minutes (from door to desk) I enjoy "clearing my mind" early in the morning when I exercise.

    I like your pink/black motif on your blog! So fun.

    ReplyDelete