Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am a Mother . . .

I am a Mom . . . have I mentioned that before? I have two wonderful children and they mean the world to me!
Amanda is my daughter, she is smart and funny! She has a big heart. She is a perfectionist and has a very strong mind when it comes to right and wrong. She loves nature, taking pictures and she loves the ocean- just like me!

Amanda made me a Mom on a rainy morning in 1976 on September 13th. She had red hair and when I held her for the first time I was sure she was going to break. She walked early, cut teeth early and her hair turned a very white blond (she is a natural blond, but changes the color at times just to switch things up). My bi-centennial baby brought joy to my heart and into our home.

Amanda has put herself through school and is a couple months away from getting her Bachelors Degree. She owns her own home and is a hard worker. One of our favorite things to do is take road trips together. It is so fun to drive, laugh, get lost (only when I am driving) and be crazy "Thelma and Louise" for a few days. I love my daughter!

My son Andy (given name Andrew- and if I call for him with this name he is surely in some kind of mischief!) has a huge heart. He is laid back and most likely should have been born in the hippy make love not war era, because he stepped right off that page! He drove a volkswagen bus to high school!
Andy was born in 1979, early in the morning of July 17th. He was all arms and legs and had these dark brown eyes that would make you melt when he looked at you. He was all boy with pockets full of bugs, rocks, caterpillers and other treasures. He wore out shoes so fast when he rode his Hot Wheels, because the shoes or boots on his feet were the brakes.

Andy is engaged to his girl friend Jennifer and they just announced they are planning a wedding day of April 3rd of this year. Another exciting adventure! I love you Andy!

A quirky thing I do for my kids on their birthdays - At the exact time they were born I call them and sing Happy Birthday to them and then of course tell them how important they are in my life. Andy doesn't mind the call so much because he was born at 9:26 in the morning, but Amanda was born at 3:07 am, so the call and cheerful voice of her Mom every year is a little hard to take at that crazy time, but it sure has been a fun yearly tradition. I love you kids! Thanks for making my life so wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Andy and Jennifer...we wish you the best. That is a great time to be married.

    ReplyDelete