Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Marlboro Man

I'm really lucky because my office has a window and I get to see people coming and going from other offices in our complex. Some time ago I noticed this great looking guy who would come early 4 mornings a week and be in the building across the parking lot for about an hour and then leave. He caught my eye; tall, handsome, well dressed, perfect hair cut and a real nice smile. I nicknamed him "Marlboro Man".

One day I was out at my car getting something from my trunk and he walked past. I said good morning . . he said good morning back and I struck up a conversation. I laughed at something he said and then I told him that I called him Marlboro Man (he looked at me quizzically) and then I proceeded to tell him - not because you smoke but because you are HOT! It was his turn to laugh. (beautiful straight teeth).

Then I reminded him of the Coke commercial on TV of the women in the office who waited everyday for the construction worker to walk by their window and open a can of Coke. I said, you do that for the girls in our office. He said he thought that was flattering. Now, every morning when he is here he makes a point to wave at me as he drives away. My simple pleasure each morning - waving back at my Marlboro Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment