Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goodbye March 2010

March 2010 came in like a Lamb and surely went out like a roaring Lion! We have had cold weather here in Utah and last night as a farewell song the heavy dark clouds dumped snow on the ground. It was beautiful watching the snow fall and trying to catch a snowflake on my tongue. I hope this is the last snow storm for this spring season.


I took this picture of the snow on my front lawn but wanted to capture the cute little daffodils with their bright yellow flowering heads bent to the snow, with hope that they will see sunshine today and have hope of spring. My wish for today is for spring weather. But I am reminded of the childhood rhyme - April showers bring May flowers.

My birthday was this month. It was a special birthday because I was born in 1955 and I turned 55. I woke up at about 4:30 and waited 15 minutes and then sang happy birthday to me because I was born at 4:45 in the morning. Goofy huh! I haven't lost my mind, I'm not going crazy (but if I do would you like to come along?) I just do silly things sometimes! Thank you to my family and friends who called, sang, sent messages and for all the wonderful gifts to help me turn another year older.


My sister Bonnie and her daughters gave me this plague with one of my favorite sayings. I love it and thank you for such a beautiful gift!


My dear friend gave me this wonderful book and since my birthday I prepare my hot cup of tea in the morning and read an excerpt from my Attitudes of Gratitude Book, to start my morning off right. A wonderful saying from the book found in a Fortune Cookie: "Stop Searching! Happiness is just next to you."

2 comments:

  1. A belated but very happy birthday wish to you! Double fives are great...did you know we are the same age for a few months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did know that and I like this age so far. Congrats to your kids on thier new home. It is beautiful and very open. I was a little jealous of all the sunshine I saw in those photo's. But I have hope for some coming here soon. Love you Karen!

    ReplyDelete