Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

 I am a single girl and Valentine's Day isn't my favorite celebration - however, I'm always excited when I get cute cards or conversation hearts from my family and grand kids.  I actually call the day "Single Awareness Day" and I have been known to stop by the flower shop and buy myself a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  And I never begrudge those who are in relationships and enjoy the day of L.O.V.E.!


This year I received a beautiful card from my parents!  Mom always sends cards to her children and grandchildren and expresses love to each one - not just on Valentine's Day.  My daughter Amanda gave me a gift certificate to one of my favorite restaurants - Ruth's Diner

And in the mail I received a package from Idaho from my adorable nephews Ryan, Ty and Kyson.  Ryan sent me a heart in my favorite color - lavender with a note of love and a heart sucker.  Ty must know how much Aunt Janet loves hand lotion because he cut out the shape of his hands, wrapped them around a bottle of hand lotion and included a note of love and Kyson sent me a pencil wrapped with a pipe cleaner and a love heart.  I loved each one and I love these sweet boys.  Thank you Ryan, Ty and Kyson for being my Valentines this 2011.

I decided to call a few very important people in my life and treat them to my very own version of the song "You are my Sunshine".  Thank goodness all but one were out celebrating so I could leave the song on voicemail.  I changed the words for this Valentine's Day and it goes like this:

You are my Valentine
My only Valentine
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you.
Please Be My Valentine Today!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine Celebration!

1 comment:

  1. I've missed reading your posts... and we get TWO in one day...whahoo....keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete